IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The reader is advised that the material contained on this page is meant as a summary only! It in no way represents a comprehensive discourse on the topic. The reader must read the current negotiated agreement between USPTO Management and POPA for a thorough and complete understanding of the topic. If there are questions or a need for further assistance, then the reader is also advised to contact their POPA representative or a POPA officer.
POPA represents all patent office professionals at the US Patent and Trademark Office including:
- Patent Attorneys at the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (BPAI)
- Non-supervisory attorneys and Congressional Affairs Specialists in the Office of External Affairs (OEA)
- all petitions examiners in the Office of Petitions
- Review Quality Assurance Specialists (rQAS) in the Office of Patent Quality Assurance (OPQA)
- designated Training Quality Assurance Specialists (tQAS)
- Non-supervisory patent examiners and primary examiners
- Non-supervisory Patent Reexamination Specialists (CRU)
- Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) examiners.