POPA employees currently have 4 work schedules available: the increased flexitime program, compressed (4/10 or 5/4/9), 8 hour regular, and 8 hour flexible.
- Work 80 hours per pay period, Monday – Saturday
- Work between 5:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Minimum 4 days per week
- Midday flex available
- IFP credit hours can be worked on Sundays
- Work Monday – Friday
- Choose either 9 hour days (and one 8 hour day and one day off per pay period)
- OR 10 hour days (same day off – Mon, Wed, or Fri – each week)
- Hours must be set between 5:30 am and 8:00 pm
- No midday flex
8 hour Regular Schedule
- 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- No flex time, no midday flex
8 hour Flexible Schedule
- Work 8 hours per day, Monday-Friday
- Work between 5:30 am and 8:00 pm
- Midday flex avaiable
Patent Training Academy (PTA) Work Schedule Guidelines
As a reminder to Patents employees please note the following information regarding local time zones and automation systems maintenance periods for Patents automated systems such as eDan, PE2E, EAST, etc.
The work schedules of all non-teleworkers and PTP examiners are in the time zone of their USPTO office.
The work schedules of all PHP examiners are in the time zone of their approved alternate worksite.
All employees need to be aware that computer system maintenance times are all Eastern Time and as follows:
- Sunday 10:00 pm until Monday 5:30 am
- Monday Midnight until Tuesday 5:30 am
- Tuesday Midnight until Wednesday 5:30 am
- Wednesday Midnight until Thursday 5:30 am
- Thursday Midnight until Friday 5:30 am
- Friday 10:00 pm until Saturday 9:00 am
- Saturday 10:00 pm until Sunday 9:00 am
Computer system availability hours are NOT the same as work schedule, overtime, compensatory time and credit hour time bands. Employees need to be aware that automated systems may not be available during computer maintenance time and they will need to adjust their work hours accordingly.
Also, the core hour each week for all Patent examiners/POPA bargaining unit employees is Thursday 1:00-2:00 pm Eastern Time.