POPA has been fielding numerous questions regarding internet service reimbursement during this transition time. We hope this email clarifies the process. Please refer to agency emails that contain additional details and requirements. These are highlights only.
July 31, 2022 is the deadline for requesting internet service reimbursement for invoices that have a billing period beginning date on or before May 31, 2022.
(examples of invoices with billing period beginning dates on or prior to May 31, 2022:
May 1- May 31, 2022,
May 15-June 14, 2022,
May 31-June 30, 2022)
For this last submission, you can submit less than 3 invoices.
- Invoices that have a billing beginning date on or prior to May 31, 2022 must be requested under one of two existing systems:
- If you were a PHP participant during the billing period, use the legacy system (PTES)
- If you were a mandatory teleworker and were NOT officially a PHP participant during the billing period, use the covid-19 settlement process
See the graphic below which shows you how to access either system.
- Invoices cannot be more than 1 year old from the date of the request.
- The agency has waived the 3 invoice bundle requirement in order to clear out the May 2022 and prior requests. Requesting reimbursement for 1 or 2 months is fine.
- The agency currently has a backlog of requests. Requests that meet the requirements will be processed as long as they meet the July 31, 2022 deadline. This includes any requests that were timely submitted, yet after the deadline were disapproved and then perfected.
- Invoices with a beginning billing period date of June 1, 2022 and after (for example, June 1-June 30, 2022, and June 15-August 14, 2022) will be processed via the NEW Internet Service Reimbursement Portal (ISR portal). Going forward under the new ISR reimbursement policy, invoices must be submitted in at least 3 month bundles. Therefore, the earliest employees can request reimbursement via the ISR portal generally will be September 2022. IMPORTANT: Only those employees on full time telework are eligible for internet service reimbursement after June 1, 2022.
Below is where you can find the links to the legacy system (former PHP participants), and the covid-19 settlement (mandatory teleworkers who were not officially PHP participants).