Transfers of Examiners to Another Art Unit

Procedures for requesting a change in art unit were established in an Memorandum dated October 22, 2010.

Completed forms should be sent to the “Examiner Transfer Request” Mailbox (ExaminerTransferRequest@USPTO.GOV) with a Cc to the Examiner’s Director per the existing transfer process. Examiners are encouraged to cc their SPE as well.  For examiners at the Patent Training Academy (PTA), the request form should be submitted to the mailbox with a cc to their Class Manager.


Examiner Requested Transfer Form 2018